2009 seems to have had even fewer changes than previous years. But it still had lots going on!
- Circumnavigated the globe for the first time. Amy had already done this once, and it's good to catch up.
- As a result of the above trip, I visited Germany, Ireland, Iceland (with the furthest from the equator I've ever been, past 66°N), London, and Tokyo for the first time.
- Amy and I had a big wedding reception (two years later!) with my extended family in Vancouver. Saw lots of people I hadn't seen for years.
- Attended SXSW as a participant for the first time. Plus, the seventh annual Nuclear Tacos at SXSW!
- Met Andy Hopper (the head of the Computer Technology Department at Cambridge University) through a string of coincidences, plus some work I did on VNC back in 1998.
- Presented a lightning talk on Psil at Kiwi PyCon.
- New open source software: pyqver (identify required version for Python code), emulino (Arduino emulator), mandelbrot set viewer, relight.
- Works in progress: psil, xearth.