I've recently noticed a lot of drivers around here with bad driving habits. Perhaps this isn't stuff that they explicitly teach you in driving school, but it's just common courtesy and sense.
To all the drivers out there with annoying driving habits:
- If you have the right of way, take it. If I'm waiting to turn left from a side road onto a main road, and you are turning left from the main road onto the side road, don't stop and wave for me to go just because I've been waiting longer.
- Keep up with the speed limit. Yesterday I found myself behind traffic going 45 in a 70 zone.
- If you are going straight through a light and have a choice of two lanes, don't pick the rightmost one that blocks people behind you from turning right while the light is red. Especially with the long lights around here.
- If I'm waiting to turn right, and you are approaching from the left intending to turn out of the lane I'm turning into, use your signal so I know what your intentions are.
- If you are ahead of me and intend to change lanes into a turn lane, don't slow down too much while you're still in front of me unless there isn't enough room to do it in the turn lane.
Thank you for your attention.